But in a sector where margins are relatively low, customer expectations are high and where we have a unique duty of care for our customers whilst they are enjoying our service, it can be daunting trying to keep on top of the regulations, ensure our staff are operating to best practice and run at a profit.
There are some simple practices that can help you to: -
- Ensure you are staying the right side of the law
- Get some time back for you and your business
- Help smooth out any areas that create waste for your business
- Increase your earnings
Within this section you will find information, masterclasses, fact sheets and check lists to help you navigate through: -
- Legislation, licensing and regulations that apply to visitor economy businesses
- Cyber security and GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) which will apply to most businesses within the visitor economy sector
- Accessibility and making sure your business is accessible to all
- Time management
Operations & Regulatory advice
Although we have a section dedicated to legislation, regulations and licensing we felt that accessibility warranted a section of its own.
Not only is it a legal requirement not to treat those who are disabled or impaired, or who are associated with someone who is disabled or impaired less favourably than other customers, but it makes commercial sense to your business.
We’ve included some statistics to help demonstrate why you should treat this more than just a tick box exercise and have also included links to some fantastic resources that Visit Britain have developed with simple and low-cost solutions to help you ensure that your business can be enjoyed by more people.